View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 10:10 AM

I do my changes at Jiffy Lube. They aren't cheap at $120 a go but that is also for full synthetic not the cheap crap.

The same oil at Canadian tire would cost me $65... Or if I stocked up on the 5L bottles when it was on sale like now $41 and I would always have a partial jug laying around. I need to first drive to said store and buy the oil, a filter, and not to mention windshield washer fluid. I would have to take the time to do the oil change in my cramped unheated garage and to get the equivalent service I would also have to check my diff fluids, check tire pressures, grease doors, check lights, check air filter etc. Then I would need to find somewhere to dispose of the filter and oil. So all in we are talking $60-80 and at least a couple hours of my time and the inconvenience of it all.

That is why I suck it up and pay the $120 and have my oil done in 15 minutes on my way home from work one day. Money well spent imo and it helps keep a few more guys employed as well.

I keep every receipt. Not because my car has warranty(which it is a long ways out from) but so that I have records if/when I sell it. I also always go to the same shop so if for some reason I ever have an oil related issue I would know the shop responsible and have records stating I have had my changes done there for years. I have been using the same Jiffy Lube for years now and have had probably a dozen changes on my current rav4 alone, they get the job done and don't harass me saying I need to change my air filter, transmission fluid etc every time(I wouldn't return to the places that try and pull that crap).