View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 11:26 AM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Thanks nog, your on the net more than the rest of us, at least me, keep us albertans informed of these wankers when they pop up elsewhere.
Will do. There are a few of us watching...

Katie Mills

Katie MillsI graduated from UBC in 2015 with a BSc (Honours) in Applied Animal Biology. During my undergraduate degree I began to explore the field of animal welfare science and had my first introduction to research through the Animal Welfare Program in 2013. From there I had the opportunity to work on a variety of projects including my undergraduate thesis on public perceptions of medically unnecessary surgeries in companion animals. After graduating, I became a research assistant before starting my MSc in September 2016. I am interested in how the understanding of stakeholder attitudes can help to improve animal welfare; specifically, my research will focus on farmer attitudes towards management practices for cows during the transition period.

http://awp.landfood.ubc.ca/people/graduate-students/

Her "co-author" does not appear on any UBC student listing.

The Animal Welfare Program at UBC is well recognized as a breeding ground for those who seek out ways to disparage hunting, the hunting community and any who support that.

Despite requests regarding the title of the supposed thesis (co-authored? At a Masters level?), the focus of the thesis, the target wildlife journal it was intended to be submitted to, and the expected end use of the data collected, they did not provide any answers. They were entirely aware of the queries, and given opportunity to respond. They did not.

Another of our crew investigated their twitter feed. What was discovered there was sufficient to identify them as Anti-Hunters, and the thread was shut down on HuntBC.

Next...
Nog