View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Like i said, talking out both sides without realizing it.

Out the left side of your mouth you say your not selfish, and out the right side of your mouth you say we are at a tipping point on percentages and more things will go on draw so we need to preserve that.

The list goes on, if it's not the tipping point argument or the definition of archery argument then it's some other selfish based argument. Just keep bouncing around on these smaller picture points to deflect and delay.

Missing the big picture completely.

Archery, bows, anything that flicks a broadhead tipped stick off a string...is popular period and only getting more popular, and for good reason, it's hunting period, way more so than with anything that goes boom.

We(read human beings) are the planets biggest virus...our numbers don't go down, they only go up, one way or another your tipping point argument will happen whether this bow/archery faux pas is corrected or not.

This is about improvement to all hunting period. You are fighting the inclusion of a certain bow from our bow seasons due to selfish reasons, period. Having a one size fits all bow that can get close to equalize the proficiency of a 12 year old with a 30-40 year old male with 30" draw to an 80 year old in bow hunting situations is 100% beneficial to hunting. The more people bowhunting the better, period. And i say close in proficiency...the compound will always be the most versatile bow in the quiver and the most skilled compound guy vs the most skilled traditional or crossbow user will still be the most deadly out there. It'll be far more about the hunter than the tool, trying to pick fly shat out of pepper at that point of comparison.

Boomstick seasons don't have this glaring difference. We typically hand our youth a modern centerfire with a scope good to 2-300 yards to get started there...not a 30-30 with iron sights. Although plenty of talented hunters with a 30-30 will easily out kill the newb's with latest whiz bang 800 yard wondersticks...actually many talented bowhunters will also outkill same newbs with the latest boomsticks. To leave the crossbow excluded from our bowhunting seasons just doesn't compute on any level when you put all the politics and agendas aside. So this is where you start.

I'll get one as soon as the inclusion happens. Not for me currently as i love the compound and am very versatile with it, but for a variety of reasons starting with my kids first couple years, introduction tool to introduce friends and fam, for when i'm old and hurt, as a back up bow for the family should someone have an issue with their bow or injury mid-season to get by and still put the meat on the table and enjoy the pursuit while season still on. Bow shops can be super busy during the season etc. We have back up rifles now don't we? Three or four family members having a couple bows each or maybe just one backup bow for the family? Hmmm

Anyway. I can see the conflict within you, you'll come around. Fingers crossed.
So when the rifle hunter comes knocking and wants the same extended seasons, special zones, and access to general tags as the crossbow/bow hunters, you will be fine with them calling you selfish?