View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Thankfully we are not.

Ridiculous analogy on your part. Times have changed. Firearms have changed. No matter how hard I try I just can't envision a mass shooting by someone with a flintlock. Dude would be ****booted before he could load his second shot.

I think the U.S. was a little more concerned about threats from foreign interests at the time than they are now. As if a bunch of wanna be soldiers would be much help anyway.

This gun owner isn't going to so much as bat an eye if the wannabe's aren't allowed to purchase whatever they "feel" they have a right to own. I can't drive an F1 car down the Whitemud either unfortunately. Dang, someone call me a Waaambulance. I should be able to! It wouldn't be the cars fault if I vaporized a few pedestrians.
Too true. Freedom of speech used to be just that too. Someone used his voice and spoke to a small number of people. Now, someone can self publish on the internet, or send messages to millions. Something need to be done about it.

It's apparent that you really have not spent any amount of time actually thinking about your feelings, but seriously, you really are coming off as an anti.
There were rapid firing guns in existence when the second amendment was written, and citizens owned artillery too. Furthermore a typical way of fighting back then was to carry a number of guns, and large knives or bayonets. If you want to make nonsensical arguments about how the concept of privately owned firearms is old fashioned, or that mass murder was impossible with the technology in the 18th century, at least take the time to educate yourself.
Also, whose guns do you think Hogg would have been after if this had happened at his school: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univer...tower_shooting

It's pretty shallow of you to assume that only AR15's will ever be a target. You may feel all superior and just, attacking those who own AR15's now, but you can rest assured that when they are gone, the "powerful sniper rifles" will be next. And you are not doing anything to garner support to protect your property from arbitrary confiscation.