View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Buddy I know nothing about you, and you definitely know nothing about me.

Last time I checked, posts on a forum have zero correlation to time and experience and success in the field..

You can run your yap all you want

Only reason I’m on this forum is for the buy and sell. All these threads are flooded with key pad experts so I typically avoid them. I figured I’d share some insight other than the typical bs from the google search experts.

Good luck with your creedmoor. When something gets away, which I hope doesn’t happen. Remember this conversation
Marky,

The thing is, is its true that in an average mans hands, on an average hunt, there is nothing that a 6.5x284 can do that a Creedmoor can't. A 6.5x284 is a semi hot rod cartridge, but the only real life advantage it has over the Creedmoor is a slightly flatter trajectory. 0-600yds and the Creedmoor shooting a 143gr Eld-x will be carrying enough speed and momentum to allow the bullet to fully perform as intended, meaning it will have the speed to mushroom the bullet nicely and the momentum to give it enough penetration to mess up the vitals.

I smoked a deer in the shoulder with a 300wsm and it got away. Is the 6.5x284 a more lethal cartridge than the 300wsm? I highly doubt it, but the point is, if you hit an animal right it dies, if you don't hit him right there are no guarantees no matter what gun you're shooting.