View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
It just seems odd, that a cartridge that is supposedly so superior in design, was not represented by even one shooter. If a cartridge is really superior, you would think that shooters at that level would be using it. And given that the 6.5x47 and the 260 rem were represented, makes it even more of a mystery.
As was stated earlier, one of the criteria the Creedmore was built around was action length, and in Fclass thus is a noon issue.
There are many other factors in play as well, not the least being the bias of certain top shooters for a particular cartridge , action, or in the case of Fclass and bench shooting, even the rests being used.
This also translates to PRS, three positition, etc.
Barnes said it best years ago in one of his Editions of Cartridges of the World
" Just because the Screaming Garbanzo Bean is the crowd favorite at your range does not mean it is going too catch on in the next county".

Personally speaking I think the 284 Winchester is an interesting cartridge
but find it equally amusing that it has regained popularity in a discipline, as it has the dubious reputation of having spawned far more popular wildcats than its popularity as itself.

As far as the cartridge in question here goes, where the 6.5 Creedmore is headed is anyone's guess, but as far as any big advantage it has for me personally there is none, it's a 6.5 caliber which I like but as far as cartridge length for chambers and mags go it's a non issue for me because I shoot mainly single shot rifles.
Cat