View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 10:36 PM

Anybody remeber the Plymouth (Mitsubishi) 'Arrow', they made them late 70s to about '80 if I'm not mistaken. A real ugly junker imo, they never caught on...but back about 1987 or so I ran into one in Edmonton, I had a '72 Mustang with 302 in it and he pulled up to me and wanted to go...I laughed a bit, and then he absolutely dusted me, he launched so hard he yanked his front wheels a couple inches. Back end was squirming around like an excited puppy and just....gone! I caught up to him a mile down th road at a DOMO filling up, and I had to see what was going on. He was laughing pretty good at me, raised the hood and there was a serious 340 sitting in there, no fender walls, firewall all beat in with a sledge hammer to make room. It was the ultimate ugly little sleeper, but dang was that thing fast. Apparently he and his buddies got drunk and decided to do this on a weekend, for a lark, before putting it properly into a Duster it belonged in. He did say it was a bit hard to handle....no kidding! Funniest little car I ever got humiliated by!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone