Thread: Black bear rut
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktricker View Post
Shot my elk last year on a full moon night. Shot many others on full moon nights so no you are wrong
You do know that hunting at night,even without an artificial light under a full moon is illegal,yes? 😂😜

All jokes aside(yes I know what you meant) I agree,hunting during a full moon CAN BE productive,esp if you hunt ALL DAY.Watch for game to move mid day under a full moon vs the more "traditional" activity periods of first and last light,which is why I think many hunters mistakenly believe that full moon hunting is an unproductive waste of time,because those hunters tend to only hunt mornings and evenings.
I'm a big believer in the validity of Solunar tables/moon charts etc....wutever you want to call them....and they ALWAYS predict mid-day activity during a full moon,and they are often bang on,too many times I've witnessed increased activity that coincides precisely with the predicted times for it to be a coincidence.
And I'm not just talking big game neither.....coyotes in open fields mid day during the Major Activity predicted....flocks of waterfowl landing at 10am sharp after a shotless cold morning....just as predicted...etc etc...

Last edited by West O'5; 05-30-2018 at 11:24 PM.