View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 10:37 PM

Great, thanks for the tips. I've seen plenty of this cabbage while rowing there, even pointed it to my kids when I had them in the skiff.

I do have some spoons and will buy a five of diamond - guessing around 2" long. What about adding a bait to the hook? There was no mention of what kind to use. Or do I even need to? According to the regs, it says this for bait: Allowed (except bait fish)

Does this I could use a live worm? Frankly I'd rather not mess with worms unless it'd increase my chances of landing a nice one greatly. Or if bait is necessary, would a small ball of bread do the trick?

Btw the plans may have changed: now we may be heading to Ghost Lake with the powerboat on the weekend instead, now that the water level is back to normal (as of today!)

But nonetheless we will be making several trips to Glenmore, since it's only a 5 minute drive and I getting the skiff out is so much easier than the big boat, not to mention a far more relaxing atmosphere and great quality time with my kids.

It is so nice to have these options. It's so nice to finally get into fishing.
PS: will update this thread when I we head up and hopefully will be able to post a few pics of the catches (fingers crossed!)