View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
It proves that hitting a deer at 250 for her would be a cake walk. It proves that an 11 year old girl can master a rifle that won’t kick her into next week. That’s what it proves. That is the point. It will also start her out not being afraid of center fire rifles. Is a HUGE confidence builder etc.

I offered the rifle to grown men to shoot the same target. All but a young teenage kid refused Why? Because they had shot before and firmly believed they couldn’t do it. And if an 11 year old girl can and they can’t, well that’s a blow to the ego. Which of course isn’t true, but it’s in their head and tough to get rid of.
And an 11 year old could easily hit big game in the vitals at over 300 yards with my 17 hornet, with virtually no recoil, and less noise , but I wouldn't hunt big game with my 17 hornet. I personally am not in favor of allowing all centerfire cartridges to be used for big game, as some jurisdictions allow. However, perhaps a minimum bullet weight and energy level that would allow the 223rem to be used, would work.