View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 09:48 PM

Default Xlnt car

Me, I had a 2012 Ford Focus SE.

Bought it as dealer's year-old customer service car. Excellent runner, very reliable, steady handler on road, and quite good - ahem - off road as well, driving to gopher shooting grounds. Good lights, good luggage space, nice sound system (phone connection port is in the glove box).

Transmission (6 speed auto) worked fine the whole time. That tranny one of the main things people complain about, not sure why?

Kind of on the quick side, too! And this with the standard engine. Reaches 170 km/h quite fast, or so I'm told, ahem. Lordy does it get through the mountains fast!

As for problems, they were a few.
- broken fog light, not complex to replace, but sure took a lot of fiddling time to get in there
- on the rear shelf, by the back window, the cloth kind of fell apart. A Ford kit to fix same exists, $27 and it was fixed, took a little while
- filters are many, and while they work well, they sure are a bugger to change!!! What with packing all that stuff in a compact space, well it gets tight. Changing the interior air filter is a contortionist's dream/nightmare.

The only reason I sold it was I decided to go to an electric hybrid vehicle, a 2017 Ford C-Max, which is a great choice but a whole 'nother story.

I have no complaints whatever about the Focus - good car, I'd say.

TargetRick