View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
not that you shoot groups at critters but they do tell you a bit about your tune....i pulled my bow out a few weeks ago, the last time i shot it was sept. 3rd last season, and set ole bucky up at 56 yrds and put two into the middle of the kill only 1" apart....

what would that group have been at 100?....

who cares

point is....todays archery tackle IS that good, i can put it down for months and months and pick up exactly where i left off, just like a gun, or, wait for it.....a crossbow

and accuracy wise or distance wise with guys that know how to set their shizzo up for maximum potential will be too close, slight edge to the crossbow on the range maybe, but dragging a crossbow around the field would be like dragging around a benchrest rifle compared to a regular sporter.....more than a slight edge to the regular bow there....

keep weighing it out there russ....big picture they are as close to each other as you can get, 10x closer than traditional equipment is to the compound stuff right now

keep on fighting though, stubborness isn't the worst of virtues
With your rationale then why limit to just including crossbows? Why not include traditional muzzleloaders?

Once you keep re-drawing the rules to "keep up with the times" you have soon changed the whole intent of the rule in the first place.

Put whatever spin you want on it, the definition of a legal bow and arrow would have to be changed to accomodate the noisy banter of a small group for the inclusion of crossbows.

I am proud of Morton and the current group running SRD that see through the BS put forward from a small group that don't want to play within the rules.

Maybe I should lobby the government so I can hunt with my centerfire rifle during the various primitive weapons seasons in the Province. Afterall They both propel the bullet by the same means....