View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
The problem Kurt was your friend did not know how to shoot,the 280 was fired by you.So he go buck fever and wasn't able to pull the shot off,this happens with any cartridge if the hunter is not capable of controlling his emotions.

There's guy's that can shot a mag real well and some can't,plus there guys that can't shot period with a 6.5 or 7mm so a 223 is not the answer.

The triggerman is the answer to it all with endless hours of practice with total concentration and discipline. So according to this thread all military snipers are useless cause they shoot mags or the secret service that use 300 wins,338 lapua's,308 ,7mm rem.
If the shooter is not capable nothing should be in his hands when shooting at a big game animal,not even a 223 or a 338,a rock maybe even then they may hurt something,they shouldn't hunt .
Some guys don't even know about a proper fit of a stock or then blame it on recoil.My wife can shoot a 7mm rem mag very well,but chooses the 6.5 because it doesn't weight as much.

I brought my wife with me on many hunts before she shot to get her past the buck fever feelings and not let her emotion over ride her skills when killing an animal and do it without any hesitation or thought,just shoulder that rifle and squeeze the trigger.

So the real SD is what is between a guys ears.

JD, I can only speculate as to why my buddy hit the deer so far back, I never asked. The key point is he was using his 338win mag and gut shot the deer. We had spotted the buck on his land and told him to get his butt out there to shoot it. We were watching from the road for what seemed like an eternity wondering why the hell he stopped shooting. He didn't have my number on the cellphone he had on him so he called his wife and told her to call me, lol. Unlike what some people think, a guy shot deer that was hit with a 338 won't just drop dead anyway, but a shot in the right spot will kill them every time.

PS, I never mentioned who actually put the final shot into the deer, it was just my 280rem that did it.
I know you understand all this cartridge talk is just talk, hunters kill animals not cartridges. Anyone who can't understand that ain't much of a hunter!