View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Kurt, the stuff you write. Wow is all i got, you have absolutely no clue if thats true what he said or not, a shot to the guts implies anything behind the diaphram and could hit a variety of things depending o the angle and the damage done. First off if this story is true,and i doubt that it is, then maybe you could help your friend out with your wisdom instead of mocking all of us. Your 280 is no better than a 270 and less of a cartridge than a 30-06 and certainly no 338 if your man enough to shoot it without flinching, that may be your problem however since your so vocal in a 223 thread, you would have to be fool to think a man that can shoot a magnum is less a shooter than a man who can not. If both hit a perfect shot then it does not matter but if i miss by 6 inches, id rather have a much larger exit hole to follow the blood trail. Maybe others will reply with the 223 using a quality bullet and compare it to a larger round with a crap bullet as usually happens but if both cartridges are using a quality bullet,,,,ill use the bigger one that I can handle any damn day of the week. BTW there is nothing wrong with a 280 but there is also nothing wrong with a 300wm, 7mm rem mag or the 338 if you can shoot them. Please feel free to respond to how stupid I am for disagreeing with your infinite wisdom O wise one
I said gut shot, what I meant was shot in the guts, sorry for confusing you. What wisdom would you suggest I pass on to him? "Hey Ron, aim for the lungs instead of the gut" or maybe "make sure you have enough bullets next time to account for the number of times you miss"???

The guy was a grown man, he gut shot a deer and followed up with a few misses, something I'm sure tens of thousands of hunters have done in the past and will continue to do in the future, it happens.

I've read enough of your posts not to worry about whether you believe anything I write, I really could care less what you think. The guys who actually have a clue know what I'm talking about and know I don't care if you shoot a 223 or a 338 lapua, it's the poor saps who think a magnum is a magic killing machine that I like to rattle and get their manties in a bunch. A true hunter will harvest game with whatever gun you put in his hand, he might just have to get a little closer or wait for a better angle, but that's all part of the hunt. I'm a bow hunter, I have patience, it's not like I can pick a bigger arrow so I don't have to wait for the perfect shot. It's not a hindrance or an inconvenience, it's a part of bow hunting. Ill tell you what, if I had a 223 in my hand instead of a bow I would have killed every single animal I've killed with my bow with the 223.

You said there's nothing wrong with a 280, but is there something wrong with a 270? Or a 6.5? Or 257? Or a 243? I'm just wondering where the wrong starts so I know what my limit should be.