View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 01:10 PM

What have the effects been in places like Vancouver, where it's been "legal-ish" for a couple of years now?

I predict a lot of negative impact from the start as people who aren't used to the potent strains that they'll be selling will get into some unfortunate situations. Or is the stuff they'll be allowed to sell regulated to a reasonable level of potency?

I also predict that after a while, LESS people will be using than there are now.
This will be because of the roadside impairment testing, which we never have had before, plus I think there will be an increase in workplace zero tolerance policy and testing, due to liability.
The downside of getting an impaired charge or fired from a job will discourage recreational users after the novelty has worn off.

I already know people who won't even have 1 drink when they're out during "check-stop season".
I can see people saying "I'm not going to get blasted today because I have to drive later, or in the morning".

A lot of the pot shops will either go broke, or they'll stay busy and no one will be on the roads or in the workforce.

Also, what about "public intoxication"?
If you can arrest someone for being drunk in public, can you now lock up stoners for being whacked out on weed in public?