View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw outdoors View Post
I have a 17.5 Lund adventure I think it would be fine to try out in the big blue. I’m just worried what the salt water would do to the boat and the old Johnson motor. Do you wash and flush with fresh water every time after you fish?
Yeah I usually rinse the whole boat off with fresh water. I even spray the inside out with fresh hot water cause it's usually a bloody mess. I also run fresh water through the engines when I get home after a trip. I dont flush every day when I'm on a trip. Galvanized trailer is best. Mine is all rusty cause its steel and I pull on gravel. This is my beater boat so I dont really care as much. Everything that is not stainless will corrode and rust unfortunately. I even noticed a couple of pinhole areas of corrosion at the water line from electrolysis I'm guessing. I have a good zinc but still seems to occur. I just patched with layer of aluminum epoxy and seems to work well. If you have a nice boat and want it to stay looking nice then keep it off the salt. If you want to enjoy the salt water and are willing to accept some salt related changes to the boat then go for it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures