View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob123 View Post
How does an older sweedish husqvarna compare to the cnc cut guns of today? I am looking for my first centerfire rifle after shooting 22 and 12 gauge only for the last 10 years.

I was all set on either an axis or 111 savage in 30 06, but then I stumbled upon the husqvarna 1600 and really like how they look and are finished compared to plastic stocked guns of today. So if I picked one with a very good bore, would I be giving up accuracy compared to new lower end savage out to 5 or 600 yards?

Thanks
I've owned a couple Savages over the years as well as a Husky. The Savages have been sold and the Husky is my go to rifle...

My Husky is comparable to the Savages in accuracy, in quality it is in a whole different league. If Husqvarna was still making rifles they would be well above the price range that the average prospective Savage buyer could afford.

The only Savage still in my gun safe is my Wife's "Lady Hunter", she loves that thing and it shoots well, but there are so many cheap plastic parts in that thing that I get a little nervous every time I pull the action out of the stock. It seems like one misaligned part or over-torqued screw and I'm going to break something... at this point I couldn't care how well that POS groups, if my wife didn't like it so much I'd get rid of it.

Last edited by Bushleague; 11-15-2018 at 07:48 PM.