View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
You seem to be confident that this statement is correct, so I will ask you directly: as per my previous posts (#39 & #42) in this thread, would you be able to point out the pertinent section/wording in the 2018 Alberta Hunting Regulations that corroborates this?
I looked, I can't find it, I even downloaded the latest .pdf version of the 2018 Regs from the government website... still not seeing it.

FWIW- I think AEP messed up the wording during editing, same as some other regulations that have been discussed on this forum. The law has to be interpreted the way it is written, not how it used to be written. (eg. "May harvest within Strathcona County" is not the same as "Required to harvest within Strathcona County")

Disclaimer- this based on interpretation of the OP's statement and subsequent clarifications, if his statements are false or misleading, all bets are off.
It was written in the ADDITIONAL Hunting Opportunities. You were able to hunt antlerless either species but I believed that meant supplemental tags. Or 3 deer with a Strathcona tag. I haven’t hunted it for a while but my buddies still do and never mentioned any changes. I don’t have the new regs handy. Regardless, you can’t tell a game warden you were just looking for deer, with a bow in your hand. That won’t go well in court. Just looked at Regs. It on page 47, they took out the antlerless part though.

Last edited by Habfan; 11-19-2018 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Add