View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
It was written in the ADDITIONAL Hunting Opportunities. You were able to hunt antlerless either species but I believed that meant supplemental tags. Or 3 deer with a Strathcona tag. I haven’t hunted it for a while but my buddies still do and never mentioned any changes. I don’t have the new regs handy. Regardless, you can’t tell a game warden you were just looking for deer, with a bow in your hand. That won’t go well in court. Just looked at Regs. It on page 47, they took out the antlerless part though.
In order to hunt under the authority of the Strathcona tags you need to be in possession of said tags, and be in the prescribed areas. If hunting under the authority of those tags you can hunt with bow, muzzle loader, or shotgun.
That is not to say you can't hunt other legal species within Strathcona for which a tag is valid...you just need to hunt with a bow and arrow only.

With a bow & arrow in the Strathcona part of WMU 248 (and assuming you are eligible to hold all the tags) you could legally harvest your general moose, general elk, general whitetail, general mule deer, antlerless deer 212 & 248 (2 tags), and Strathcona deer (3 tags).
The only advantage to the Strathcona tags is that you can also use a shotgun or muzzle loader, but only in the Strathcona area of WMU 248.