View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthegorby View Post
I do not think that is equivalent, though I am empathetic with both the posters who have had the courage to throw their stories out on a public forum!

I have a little experience in bylaw enforcement and it is important to consider the intent of both the bylaw and individual making the offence when making the decision to hold someone accountable.

While I do not know, I would assume the intent of immediate tagging is to prevent people from hauling out an animal and seeing if they can slip out of the woods without using their tag. Snapping some quick pics with your phone before digging out your tag and immediately tagging animal may technically be a violation, but it is really unlikely, in my mind, that anyone would care as you have not started processing the animal.

Walking unaccompanied to a blind and not having the proper tag are definite violations of the regulations that violate the intents to stop poaching and restrict access to out of province hunters. That being said, I do not think the intent of either of the guys above was nefarious and I hope that the powers that be take this into consideration.

An analogy would be running a stop sign vs. going 5 km over the speed limit. Technically both violations, but handled by officers much differently.
I totally agree. However, what I wanted to point out is that hunting is not similar to the work of a CNC machine. Terrain, weather, rules, excitement, rush and other human and non human factors can make anyone to do honest mistakes and the guys here had the courage to admit them.
Now, some understanding with some advice will do much more good to these guys (and any other reader for that matter) as to those elitist, arrogant discussions.