Thread: Creedmoor
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 05:11 AM

The endless burning wood stove is sure nice to wake up to this morning as the coffee is purking

It's nice looking at a the beautiful rifles leaning in the corner as they seem to glinter from the flames from the stove,,, nothing like early morning eye candy. Ha.

My friends old battle scared Remmy semi auto 308,,, Van's rusty barreled 300 Win Mag,,, Bruce's Old Police Special 2 ton tank,,, my plastic junk rifle. The kids won't stack their rifles with ours since they are scared they might get scratched, Ha.

I can't blame them since they worked hard for their monies to buy those super Mags,,, they look pretty Intresting fore sure,,, I was one of those guys in my day,,, the brand new Remington 700 in 300 Weatherby Mag,,, what a dream to shoot,,, those long legs filled alot of freezers over the years,,, some times I feel it in my shoulder once in a while,,, oh well,,, that's the way life is at times.

The stove must be putting out the heat pretty good as I can smell the Aroma of the percolating coffee,,, it looks like our hunting gear is dry,,, I shouldn't forget to mink oil my boots this morning.

I see my friend is checking out the weather forecast this morning,,, He's pretty good at coming up with a game plan for the day,,, it won't be long before he gets up to go out side to make sure the trucks are still there. Nothing like letting the cold fresh air fill the cabin before settling down for the first cup of coffee.

Purhaps it's the drug of choice these days. Ha.
I hope we don't get our ammo mixed up again like yesterday. LOL. What a $4it $4ow that was. Ha

The visiting groups are thinning out over the weeks,,, Old timer and I are heading East in the week when the 25/06's coming in.

The cabin in Northern Ontario is awaiting us. The host family told us to show up at anytime. Ha. We will be packing 6 big cans of coffee on that outing.

This hunting trip North has been well worth the efforts, some times cross threaded, stuck and temporary lost. Ha. That truely adds to the good times in the now and in the days to come.

I hope I remember some of my French as we get things underway up there.

The Big Game battle rifles of rust, scratch, nicks will soon find a new corner to lean against in the next cabin I'm sure.

I hope the endless wood burning stove puts out as much heat as this one does,,, it looks like the coffee is ready,,, good times to those that show up with a rifle in hand no matter what it looks like or shoots.

The only caliber that means any thing up here is the the people them selves. That's what really counts.