Thread: "Lazy Hunter"
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh View Post
The reality is, "road hunting" isnt what people are likely upset with. Like anything else, it can be done within the current rules and regulations.

The issue is Perception of any given situation.

People are upset with, Trespassing and Poaching, as they should be. Unfortunately "road hunting" and poaching often go hand in hand more than almost anything else in hunting. Even if it turns out that it isnt poaching, the perception by most people is that it is.

People can be upset about the lack of safety, for the people in the vehicle or the potential hunter in the field. When I see a truck drive down the road with a rifle hanging out the back window, It bothers me, A LOT, especially if I am sitting in the bush near where they drive by.

People get upset by blown out fields. If you sit all day waiting for some animals to come out and feed, just to have someone drive by, stop and take a rushed shot and spook them away. While this could be completely legitimate if it is land the person has access on, The hunter who is sitting likely wouldn't be happy about excited and happy for the road hunter, if they did get an animal.

If you speak of road hunting in terms of a person driving by land that is their own land or land they have proper written permission on. Then getting out of the vehicle, putting your clip into your gun, walking off the road and down to the edge of the fence line and taking a shot at an animal... then I would agree, I have no issue with that, and is likely within the rules and regulations.

If your talking about road hunting in terms of: Driving up and down grid or back country roads, hanging out the back window of a vehicle with a loaded rifle, Taking a shot from the vehicle at whatever you happen to see, on anyone's land, access or not... Then Yes I have a major problem with that.

If I were a betting man, I would place a large wager that the vast majority of "road hunting" would be the second of the 2 situations.
Well said, that's exactly how I see it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk