View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Exactly, if the animal is laying on slippery ground, or is on a slope, it may be moved, but the movie scenes where the person is lifted off his feet and thrown backwards by the shotgun blast are nonsense. The same is true when people claim that their bullet knocked over a 1000lb moose that was standing on level dirt.

A few years back I shot a WT buck straight on at 60 yards with a 168gr etip at 2575MV. Shot was on level ground and I was using a round bale as a rest so very slight downward angle. My shot hit the buck dead center just at the base of his neck. The impact threw the buck backwards almost a complete back wards somersault. The bullet exited just in front of the left hip bone. My kids were watching when I took the shot and marveled that I almost made that deer fly( they were daily young at the time) I do agree with you in principle and also realise Hollywood goes way over board. my personal experience has shown bullet Impact can and sometimes does look like it goes against the math. Most likely that deer attempted to jump the moment the shot went off and that's why it flipped/ looked like I knocked it arse over kettle

Last edited by obsessed1; 12-04-2018 at 02:49 PM.