View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeGardner View Post
Again, on track, let’s hear some more stories from the camp hunt! They don’t have to be success stories... maybe you ended up stuck or saw some interesting stuff. Let’s hear it!?
I was in with my son on the BP hunt. He had both antlered moose and a deer draw. First morning he missed a bull shooting through some bush. He was a little down on this. Late that evening he had a chance at a trotting 3 pt MD Buck and made a good shot. Next day we only saw cows and several does that he passed on. Third day going into the area we wanted to hunt a truck stopped on the road in front of us and three moose walked across. The guy came back and told us that all three were young bulls and they were hunting cows. They left and we went in the bush after the three moose. After a bit of sneaking around we ended up splitting the three up. A cow and calf came through at about 50 yds on a slow trot in front of my son. The other moose turned out to be a bull and we pushed in front of another hunter that got a shot but missed. Again we saw a number of deer - does and small bucks that my son turned down.

Driving home and talking his highlight was watching the cow and calf run in front of him --- he described the fluid movement of their bodies, the shine on the hide. He was happy with the one deer and being that close to a wild moose.

Great trip and good job by the base.