View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Is that ballistics? I agreed with you and haven’t said energy wasn’t present as it is and must be. Can you explain the on game performance difference between what’s posted above pls? Show that 35-40% extra energy and what it does? You’re saying that the bullet goes deeper in the 308 even if sd remains or alters the same for both? Or just confirming what we already know in that the hole might be a bit bigger and some additional damage around the hole?

Let’s understand from you how 52% more recoil energy, 35-40% more terminal energy...equals deeper penetration, or more dead?

Will like to hear you explain the lessons learned from Africa stuff, big bores getting to a point of not being able to penetrate deep enough even though 8000 ft/lbs or more
Maybe rather than posting hypothetical information and ideas you should spend some time reading. For dangerous game a .375 caliber is the minimum prescribed by law in most African countries. Also many countries have a minimum energy amount such as Zimbabwe with 5300J for dangerous game.
As I stated before. Also read about why FMJ bullets were required for war yet you cannot use them for hunting. I would bet they will penetrate much further than any hunting round you can find but I can also guarantee that you will see that they don't do much damage and are intended to wound the target rather than kill.