View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 12:54 PM

Bit of a tossup as to which way to go. Tumble and pan lubing have their pluses and minuses, so do lubesizers. I have a Lyman that is pushing 30 yrs old, 450 I think. Broke the linkage on it once, doing some serious sizing on some oversize bullets, easy to fix, but, it happens. Changing from one lube to another is a pain, then you need sizers and punches which you'll never get all in one place. Or you buy a punch and modify it to suit.
When I had a mould that threw the right diameter, I pan lubed, if it didn't, then acquire what is needed to run it thru the sizer.
I think PC is good for handgun bullets, not so great with bigger bullets or long bullets. Though, you have to have a mould that throws the right size for what you have to add on with PC, much like paper patch, or use a sizer on them. And that somewhat defeats the purpose of PC, to have to run it thru the sizer.
All said and done, I'd rather have a mould that throws the right size, and pan lube. Less tooling, change the type of lube as quick as you can fill another pan and use all 4 elements on the stove, to do big batches.