View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokerman View Post
Alberta Fish and Game have tunnel vision, they can only see walleye flashing in front of their eyes. For example take Uticima Lake. I don't know who told them their were no Walleye in there : Iv'e caught all different sizes Walleye in there and the Pike are 3 ft long and 3'' deep. I think the story goes the Walleye are eating Pike and Perch out of house and home. Oh and there are plenty of large fat Walleye to be caught. Can't find a Perch anymore.
Some of the biggest eyes in the province are in there. Caught most of mine that were over 60 cm. And they closed the lake for eyes this year. A couple years back the pike were so skinny, a keeper in length was 2 lbs underweight for it's size. One walleye had as much meat as 3 keeper length pike. I won't keep a pike from there now. Walleye are gonna kill / have killed the lakes off for other species of fish in this province. They used to stock feeder fish and perch years back and now they don't ! I think F & G are idiots. JMO.

Was just a few years ago that everyone was catching 15 lb or larger pike from Wabamun daily, now just the odd one. Why ? Walleye + catch and release mortality rate with pike = smaller pike and no perch.

F & G are idiots with regards to fish management and stocking.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.