Thread: Scotch
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 05:46 PM

Haven't tried the Eau Claire, so can't comment...reviews seem fairly 'meh' from what I've seen, but can't always go by them.

That Glenmorangie Bacalta looks interesting, Madeira casking sounds tasty...let me know what you think, I may have to try one!

As for the tasting last night...I failed to take the plaque home. My buddy Dallas won it last year with a bottle of Infamous, and this year, he beat me by one vote with a bottle of....the Glendronach 1995 Cask 5959, Tawney Port finish...yes, that Glendronach that I've raved about repeatedly here, recently even, and is one of my all time favorites. Which I introduced to him. Hoisted on my own petard, as it were. Oh well......I drank an extra shot of his and he had an extra of mine.

There were some interesting bottles brought last night. The 15 year old Askaig was very smooth, a nice Islay....besides my Taiwanese whiskey, a bottle of Japanese Suntory was there (delightful, going to bring one home), as well as a peated Amrut from India (which I thought it initially might be a new Ardbeg offering, was a great surprise!)...and there was a bottle of Glen Breton Rare 10 year old there...a pleasant surprise, had some really nice maple sugar notes to it. A bit sweet for my taste, but a fine whiskey nevertheless....anyway, a grand time was had by all. Even though I lost, again....

Maybe next year I pull out the stops and bring a 21 year old Macallan?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone