View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedub View Post
I am definitely on AB's side on this one. The waterfowl outfitting industry is so out of control in some areas of this province it's pathetic, some of the antics that I've been witness to in the last couple of years are unbelievable and I won't even get into them on a public forum for obvious reasons.

Those who haven't been witness to this or don't believe it, haven't spent much time in the prime migratory hunting areas in recent years or refuse to acknowledge what's really happening out there.

Sour grapes you say, think what you want. I get my share of birds and work hard for them. To think though that banning the outfitting industry for birds is going to affect the economy in a big way is ridiculous, add up the numbers and in the grand scheme of things it's not a large amount.

I was asked by an outfitter last fall to abandon my shoot on adjacent land to where they had permission as they had "paying customers that won't tolerate a lack of success", that's what wrong with the industry right there. They will go to great lengths and cross some ethical boundaries to make paying customers happy, in a sport where success should never be guaranteed.

I'll happily sign the petition.
This is what I dont get. You have a large size rant about Outfitters. Yet the biggest and best example you can come up with is a polite request to move?

Ballsy..YES
Unethical or rude.. No

So did you move???

Jamie