Thread: Snowmoblies
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry D View Post
I am not a trapper, but do a lot of back country sledding, but not in the mountains. Hunt wolves, look for moose and caribou antlers, stuff like that. I don't know why more guys aren't getting the Ski-doo Expeditions. They are great two person sled, with 18" wide and 154" long track. Articulating track for easy reverse, and good solid bumpers for pushing through bush. I got the 1200 cc four stroke, with high and low range, and it pushes that sled to 151km/hr. Yes it is still registered on the digital dash as the "fastest speed achieved". That's some fast for a heavy machine, but it doesn't feel like it. It is made for pulling big loads, hence the name, but gets you places with speed and comfort. It has adjustable air ride suspension, and a bunch of other extra's too. Maybe its the near $20,000.00 that is a bit of a hurtle for some.
No one makes 18 inch tracks . Expedition xu are 20 inch and swt is 24. But I agree fantastic machine. I am surprised they can sell the pogo front scandik when the expedition xu are way better! I have a expedition xu 600 two stroke and really like it . Pulls like a clydesdale and can run like a thoroughbred if need be . Very stable!