View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Lanny wasn't just community minded. The guy could have and still could run for Mayor and be elected. He is the face of this franchise and has been since the day he was traded here. You see Lanny, you think Flames. You here the name "Lanny" and you think Flames. You can never say enough good things about that Man. He is the standard that every player can only hope to hold themselves up to. Iggy is in the same stratosphere. ALMOST... If he would have won a cup here and stayed here he would have been at the exact same level instead, he is number 2.
Never heard of Al Hamilton. I had to go look him up. 31 Games as a NHL Oiler and they retired his number??? Those would have been different times with the transition between the WHL and the NHL.
Relax there Jamie, I don't want you having a "Jammer" on me.... Lanny is a fine gentleman. I remember in '89 that he didn't dress for all the finals but they dressed him for the game that they won the cup. Pure joy to see him raise the cup, I was 15 at the time.