View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
I will never say it isn't going to happen
So far this year only 4 caught in 8 trips and biggest at 5.8lbs. None over 24 inches yet. Last year was my banner year - I got very lucky. This year I'll fish it another half dozen times ...if I'm lucky. I have other lakes to explore and other species. To me, that is more fun than focusing on one species at one lake. But hey, I'm just a fishing nut.

I promise that if I catch another one I'll do the hole nine yards including examining stomach contents.

How is life in AZ? Still there or in CA yet?

Another Update:

Tks for the info Mr. Snap .... look forward to seeing a few more this season.

Caught something different this morning, found this critter hiding in my computer bag that was lying on the floor in the living room. Thought the Mrs bought a joke rubber critter from a shop in Oldtown Scottsdale, then it moved & I beat it with a magazine, it flew out on to the floor, just stunned it long enough to get it into a plastic container. Advised the condo owner, she said common occurrence & arranged for a Pest contractor to come out & spray.

Lots to see & do in the Phoenix area, went out to Apache Junction & down the Apache Trail towards the T-Roosevelt Dam, stunning scenery, didn’t see any rattle snakes. Going to the Barrett Jackson Auction on the weekend, should be interesting, hoping to see a 70 Z-28 & bring back a few pic’s/memories. Here till the end of the month then off to Palm Springs.

As for Phoenix fishin, just catching a bunch of small Bluegills and the same Mirror Carp, no monsters yet …. wonder if they like Scorpions ?

Cheers

D.

Happy we don't have these back home!

Tail/stinger is a bit crooked … Mrs squashed it, RIP !