Thread: Wolf Poisoning
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
I think that you have some commendable ideas, but they won't work. I lived, ranched, and hunted in an area that was covered up with wolves and averaged about one per year. My friend managed a grazing association where they had several wolf kills every year. Riders were out there all day every day and saw very few wolves. Footholds, snares, and strychnine work at night when the wolves are active. Unless we are allowed to hunt with helicopters, hunters will never shoot enough wolves to make a difference.
Bcfw was flying around last week south west of me. They were out a year or two ago and I can't remember how many wolves were shot. This year with only flying 2 days they come across 3 wolf tracks. They seem to be doing the job. It might be a little early in the season to be shooting wolves because they might not be as mobile until we get a couple melts and refreezing. The helicopter was gonna check out my area but I don't know if he did or not.

Helicopters aren't cheap but I have heard of using planes and catching the wolves out on the ice.