Thread: How many rounds
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 02:17 AM

If I am out just horsing around I use to clean ever second outing depending on how much I shoot on my bigger rifles,not a big fan off hundreds of rounds per day unless my 223 or things like that and if I see they are going off I clean them.

Mu hunting rifle I clean only if my poi changes on my cold bore shot,unless I am breaking in a new hunting rifle or trying out new loads I clean it well.

Once I find the proper load and it's shooing the way I want,no cleaning,i try every few days a cold bore shot and if it's all is good then why change anything,once my hunts use to be over I would take everything apart and clean it all up,that way no bad surprises in the spring.

8000 rounds without cleaning i could see a 22lr,but in 308 and depending on the powder I still believe in the lock ness monster.For one why would do this unless tikka paid you to prove something or your very lazy.What would it hurt if you just gave it one cleaning at 4000 I am sure your not over stressing your body,or if there's enough crap in the barrel it won't wear out,but there would have to be a bit of copper in that throat.The 5500 can stuff that has the clean burning stuff in it,5000 rounds of that you would look like pig pen from charlie brown.That may well be Charlie Brown looking for lung transplant.

Then you can fire these rounds by tuff that cleans out your barrel in 3 stages,maybe I am getting warmer.