View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
So Calgary is going to make the playoffs, and should win a round or two.... maybe. With the need around the league for goal tending and the desire to have 2 NHL ready goaltenders, do the Flames really want Rittich going to free agency. On Cap friendly he is only under contract until the end of this year. If you ask me now, the guy seems like he is having so much that he would play for free but it is still a gamble when other teams will have the opportunity to make offers.
I never said let him get to free agency. I said I wouldn't sign him mid season based on 24 games. I would wait till after the season to get a better idea of his worth. There is a period between end of season to free agency that this could happen.

A mid season signing based on 24 games looks like desperation especially if you look at the inconsistent play of Koskinen. First 7 games great number (approx 930 save percentage and sub 2.00 GAA) then terrible number after (sub 900 save percentage and plus 3.00 GAA). They should have waited till end of season or at least until a new GM was hired. Now the new GM is saddled with this contract. I guess that also shows that the GM is nothing more then a place holder in the Edm org and the decisions all come from elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk