View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
One thing I have really noticed is the how much flames fans know about the Oilers. Its really odd. Especially the older flames fans, but imagine watching your rivals win 5 cups while your team came so close and was very good in its own right. That would be tough for any fan base and burn a deep hatred that carry's on today. Lots of Oiler haters out there that really like to rub what a joke the oilers have become. But... The flames haven't won anything in 30 year's either so I am not sure why they are so cocky.
Nothing odd about it at all. Flames fans are hockey fans. Oilers are a traditional rival (though not so much lately) so of course we pay attention to them. It's kinda painful sometimes too. It was obvious you were going to mention the 5 Holy Dynasty cups before I finished reading the first sentence, good on you for being predictable if somewhat tedious. Flames won theirs 30 years ago, and the last time Oilers won was 29 years ago, and the last time Leafs won was 52 years ago, and who cares? Current events have more bearing, but feel free to live in the 80s.

As a Flames fan, I actually have never hated the Oilers, it's a sport. Now some of their fans, I came close to disliking. Mostly now it's just genuine pity for Connor and all the ripped off fans. As far as being 'cocky'...nah. But we sure are genuinely enjoying a great season. Not planning any parades, but what a fun and competitive team to watch.

Careful with bitterness, it will make you sick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2rpl8o.jpg (69.8 KB, 39 views)

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone