View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 09:54 AM
Suspended User

Default Bus accidents and the lack of seat belts

Another injured student airlifted after a bus accident. No word yet on the cause of the accident, but having rode one every day of my school life I can see many ways it could have happened.
I've been bounced over seats, out of seats, seen others get smashed off the roof, and more. I had a classmate's daughter killed in a bus crash.
I am one who believes busses need seat belts. Who is going to monitor the use is always brought up. My 5 year old knows she can't hold herself still because of a simple rear ender. She will tell you quite clearly that putting a seat belt on is a must, and does it automatically before the vehicle moves.
Then the cost per death is brought up, yet all the costs of caring for the injured children is ignored. Parents are off work, taking their child to physiotherapy, doctors and lawyers.
Plus someone always has to throw in the Simon Birch movie. If the bus goes into water whose undoing the belts?
Maybe some need to go to Rimbey and meet the poor fellow who survived the gravel truck hitting his bus. Thrown onto the pavement.
The reality is that the manufacturing industry doesn't want it because of the cost. Plus it would then be an admittance to the past reports of their cover ups.