View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 11:30 AM

Having ridden a school bus for 11 years as a passenger and as a driver for 5 years. I find your statement to be miss leading or ....

Bounced of the roof and flung over seats ?? really ?? then you must have had the the worst drivers ever in the industry.

Seat belts are already on the buses they will be (are) a nightmare. Most are used as weapons by older kids now. Belting in 50 kids while trying to keep a schedule will be next to impossible. We as drivers make less then minimum wage yet we carry the most precious cargo of all..... Yet we have to keep track of 50 screaming kids, hockey Mom's and Dad's who have little to no respect for the bus or the rules of the road as long as they get little Johnny or Jane to the rink on time. Parents running the red stop lights and warning signals. Traffic which cuts you off if there is a 1/2 car length lead in front of the bus. POed because we are only allowed to do 90 KM on the highway so they pass on double solid lines, hills etc. But i am sure seat belts will solve all these issues.

But by all means make your kids belt up on the bus...as long as YOU are willing to ride on the bus and be sure everyone is belted in and you do it for free.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.