View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM

Default kayak fishing tournament Alberta

Hi y'all
I am hoping to get some assistance. Currently we are in the process of co-ordinating dates for the Great Canadian Yakfish Tournament Series for 2010.
Kayak fishing is growing in leaps and bounds around the world, and we believe by holding /co-sponsoring/participating in events across Canada, that we can do much to help grow the sport in this country.
So, what we would like to do at least in one maybe two spots in Alberta is to establish a small kayak fishing division in an existing tournament, preferrably at the beginning of the season, and preferably in an area that would not require us to travel great distances across the water, at the speed of sound, in 10 foot waves, to get to the fish; should the weather not be co-operative.
Even a a family type tournament would be a great way for us to introduce newcomers/kids to the sport and to bring the small but growing group of local kayak fishermen together. I should also mention that we are willing to provide sponsorship support and will even provide extra kayaks for any of you guys/gals that think you would like to try the sport. So, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would apprecate your input. As we are doing this across the country, our ability to confirm dates and participaton early is important from a conflict perspective.
Oh, and for any doubting Thomas's out there.....check out the front page of our web site and you will see that kayak fishermen just beat out the power boaters in a recent U.S. Salmon Derby.

Thanks & best regards
Wayne