View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 10:26 PM

Default Accubond vs Accubond LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic99 View Post
I just switch over from 160gr hornedy sst to 168 Winchester ABLR. So far so good...

Winchester ABLR vs Nosler ABLR... Anyone tried both and is there a big difference?

Sent from my LG-M320G using Tapatalk

Accubond or Accubond LR refer to the bullet, both of which are proprietary to Nosler.

Incidentally, both Nosler and Winchester offer loaded ammunition tipped with Accubond and Accubond LR bullets.

I believe the OP was asking about bullet terminal performance, rather than loaded ammunition performance.

To answer the OP’s question, I have some experience with both the Accubond and LR versions. I think that the Accubond is the better bullet across impact velocities ranging from 3100+ FPS to 1900 or so. At and below 1900 FPS the LR version may see better terminal performance. Also note that the bottom end velocity listed by Nosler for the Accubond is 1800, while the LR is 1300, if memory serves me correctly. Although tempting on paper, an impact velocity of 1300 is pretty darn slow for hunting, and energy would also be low.

I am getting better performance and accuracy out of the ELDX than the Accubond LR, with still enough velocity to keep me over 1800 FPS out well past 600 yds in my 6.5 Creedmoor. That’s more than enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk