View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Ok I need a bow and arrow...got that! And a lake with whitefish in it...understood.

I’ve bowfished for carp in Montana, bowfished for several species of fish is South Africa and did well, bowfished for sharks in Australia. I know a bit about bowfishing and if someone asked me for some info I would help them out.

I don’t fish for whitefish and so I don’t know squat about how or when to find them close to the surface. So if anyone is interested in a
Conversation about bowfishing for them feel free to PM me apparently simple questions get simpleton answers in the fishing forum

If you’re interested in bowfishing sharks pm me. I wouldn’t say you need a bow and an ocean ...you’ll get real answers.
We used to do it at Wabamun back in the day. Lots of schools of whitefish. They swam pretty fast so you had to snap shoot. Best set up I found was my longbow and a shoot through reel ( been trying to find another one for years
). Trad gear works the best.

A clear lake like Sylvan would be ideal. October would be the best month. Find them shallow and don't have to dodge around the redneck regatta.