View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 02:56 PM

So, Lucic gets two games for poking a kid in the mouth to teach him proper stick etiquette around goalies who have covered a puck...and yet when Helm boarded Kylington in a very dangerous and deliberate fashion, he gets off with a $5K fine that he has paid for 2 minutes after the puck drops the next game.

Stupid decision from Player Safety, I would have said the penalties should have been the other way around.

These sorts of decisions don't improve the game or make it any safer imo. What is worse is that sometimes the decisions and penalties imposed seem to vary by what jersey you wear as well. That is just a subjective observation on my part, and certainly not limited to Flames issues either.

Remember Crosby sticking a guy in the junk from behind while in the crease? No penalty, no review. There are several YouTube videos of stuff he has done and got away with, because he is Sid. Don't get me wrong, I like Sid and admire his otherworldly skill....but it shouldn't mean you get a pass for being a dick.

Just one example of many. Who you are and where you play seems to have a bearing on what player safety assesses. So shouldn't be that way, and doesn't improve the game or make it safer, he said again.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone