Thread: Wainwright 2019
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 07:11 AM

Default Here's the Deal

Here's the deal. I would guess that in the vast majority of forum members' minds, First Nations hunting rights/practices are a problematic issue on a number of levels. In addition, the new Metis rights are likely as problematic in peoples' minds.

Soooooo, if you are going to come on here and defend/talk about/post pictures of those rights in action, you better be prepared to meet with a great deal of resistance.

I also see nothing on this thread that meets the true definition of racism which is "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race".

The passion and resentment around hunting practices has zero to do with color of skin or the inherent superiority of one group of people over another. It is however, about game management and inequality in a modern world which screams equality from every rooftop imaginable.

While you have every right to defend your right, don't get your undies in a bunch when people give you a reaction you weren't expecting.

I am assuming from this thread that you are Metis. If not, my apology. Well the gov't that changed the law did not run on a platform of expanding Metis hunting and fishing rights, nor did they hold consultations with Albertans who they are to represent. Thus I see nothing at all wrong with the statements that show frustration. They were not personal insults. And last time I checked, freedom of speech is still part of the charter.

I will tell you very clearly that my personal feeling, which btw I am allowed to express, is that no person in this country should have any preferential treatment when it comes to the harvesting of game, unless that person is status first nations, and then the exercise of those traditional rights needs to be carried out using the traditional methods that were used prior to John Cabot landing his ship off the coast of Buena Vista NFLD in 1497.

Please don't be surprised when you encounter opposition, and don't be surprised when a user with next to no history who comes on to this forum and starts race baiting and bashing the forum gets banned.

Last edited by sns2; 12-10-2019 at 08:43 AM.