View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 08:18 PM

Default Elephant Hunt

Would I do it, NO!
I think they are a majestic animal and I have no desire to shoot one.
The information put forth is science based, not willie nillie government based. In this area the elephant have very few predators, if any.
If, you can afford it, go for it, spread your wealth abroad.
Look at our own North America model.
Remove horses from a military base that was causing damage, introduce elk that caused as much damage locally and surrounding area, because they did not respect fences, considerable damage was done in surrounding areas.
Look at introduction of wolves in Yellowstone National Park. They all but decimated the Elk population and the wolves flourished. Then they moved off into surrounding states. Now the state of Colorado want to introduce wolves.
Here is a fact. You introduce a predator such as a wolf to an area where there have been none for for many years, your deer, elk and any other wildlife have no learned behaviour of the predator. By the time the wolf prey have developed those senses, they will be like the elk of Yellowstone.
The wolves will naturally propagate and move into New Mexico and Arizona. It's only natural.
I am a conservationist, I am also a hunter and I would hope all hunters are conservationists. No hunter wants to see any specie hunted to extinction, but we are letting the antis and all levels of government dictate our hunting heritage instead of it being science based.