View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
No, it is more of an observation. Obviously any human being as part of the human experience is going to fight to survive and I am no different. I think we will always fight tooth and nail individually to live as long as possible, but pretending like it is helping us as a species is a fallacy. Your brief comment touched on it and is something I have always said. We are getting good at keeping the weakest of us alive and thriving, but in turn we are creating a genetically weaker species that will eventually not be able to survive on its own without unnatural intervention.

I am not saying the answer is to just let peoples loved ones die because that is obviously something none of us would allow, but I guess I am more saying we are becoming too smart for our own good, and because we live our lives ruled by emotion rather than strictly by logic, we are building the foundation of our own demise since we seem extremely good at panicking, assessing and working on immediate realities with virtually zero ability to do the same for long term reality. I don't think it will ever change either. As a species we are all about the "me", even when we think we are advocating for the "we".

This is a tough conversation to have because there is no real answer that will fix anything soon that isn't horrific and unfathomable except for maybe the remote hope that people will eventually understand that they can't continue to breed like rabbits and curb population growth to sustainable levels, but in our world political, economical and geographical climate, that is a virtual impossibility, at least for now.
Thanks for clarifying. I figured that was what you were getting at but wanted to make sure. I agree that survival of the fittest doesn't apply to people anymore. May be the beginning of our own demise which in effect will be population control. One day something major will happen. When is the biggest unknown is my opinion. I believe disease is the biggest threat to our existence.