View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
I don't buy it. It doesn't make sense. Not to say they aren't playing with bio weapons (as I expect most large countries are) but they could test a virus without releasing it in the general population. Why would they risk an uncontrollable outbreak that might risk their own countries well being including the rich and powerful? They could have easily created a quiet area where they took prisoners and did their tests in a controlled environment. And I'd expect they wouldn't do a release or larger scale test unless they had an antidote at the ready. No country is served by promoting a virus without having a remedy for their own people.
What better way to bring in marshal law and by doing so be able to use the military against the protesters in Hong Kong? Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if they have a vaccine for this virus ready to go, but are using the epidemic to their benefit. I don’t trust anything the Chinese say on this issue. Until other organizations are allowed access everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill