View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 10:20 PM

Without renaming this thread to “Ovi fan club”, hahaha...

The dude had another hat trick to take the lead in goal scoring with 40 and is now 2 shy of 700.

That’s not what I wanted to post though, lol. What I wanted to say and add to the previous conversation is that in one of my earlier posts I was wondering how he ranks in the hit numbers since he came to the league. Well, coincidentally, before today’s game, I was reading this article at NHL.com:

Ovechkin won't be at bottom of 700-goal club for long, members say

And there was this stat I was wondering about:

Ovechkin (6-foot-3, 236 pounds) has always played with a physical edge, as evidenced by his 2,984 career hits, third most in the NHL since 2005-06, behind Dustin Brown's 3,419 and Cal Clutterbuck's 3,131.

Pretty effing crazy, to be honest. I knew he would be up there, but the third since he came to the league... It also mentions he only missed 31 games in his entire career in the NHL and of those, only 17 have been due to an injury.

I am not going to quote, those interested can read the article, but some of the greatest hockey players touch on his goal celebrations that were mentioned here before too, among other things.