View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
You summed it up fairly well G Man, serious Flames fans expect to be a contender yes, it's sad that many Coiler fans think that 8-9-10th place is all right, I think there is some TO Mapleleaf syndrome (loosing is ok as long as you tried) setting in at the Capitol these days...Fluke wins = points and you bet the more points we have at the end of the year the better....
As a neutral bystander in the BOA I disagree with you BP. Listening to the radio in Edmonton (I live in St.Albert) all you here about is how sick fans are of finishing 8th or lower. I am in Calgary quite a bit through out the year and it seems they have accepted the fact that they will lose in the first round every year no matter what. Both cities have very loyal fans but they are very unique in their own ways. Edmonton fans may be the most negative fans in the league (get over the 80's!)!!!! Flames fans have not yet learned what it can be like to have a consistent playoff threat in their city. When that finally happens Calgary will not know what hit them, it will be fantastic!!!