View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justfishin73 View Post
I couldn't disagree more. I play the market swings, and have for 25 years, averaging around 30% return. If you don't know what you are doing, then yes,don't bother. I do know what I'm doing, and do well. Got very lucky getting in Aurora early and cashed out about 2 years ago. Got a 5x return in TFSA (no taxes for you turdoe!!!), then diversified into different funds, 32% last year. If you pay attention and know your stuff, can be very profitable.

I'll be back in when the DOW hits 24,000. Until then, it is about preserving capital, not looking for swings.
I’m not in any case a market guru but a very close friend of mine is working for the private investment firm under the wing of one of the biggest Canadian banks. He has a dozen or more of degrees and completed courses and rubs shoulders with the top investment funds managers in the world.... I have been following his advices and so far so good.
If you have that much time on your hands to analyze the market and be able to figure out the bottom and the top - you are the simply GENIUS! If you are - than good for you! Or you could’ve been lucky so far....