View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post

Why is there a scarcity? Why are otherwise rational people stockpiling of all things toilet paper? It’s 100% fear mongering on the internet. Fear mongering does nobody any good. I never said being prepared is a bad idea, I never said taking logical precautions was a bad idea, but posting stats that are cherry picked to show the worst case scenario doesn’t do any good. I’ve been stressing to keep things in perspective, panic leads to chaos.
Maybe, someone has been telling these people that this will turn into nothing, they have nothing to worry about, this is just the flu, this will be forgot about in a few weeks ect, in turn those people might have believed that and not bought anything...
Fast forward, its obvious this won't just go away but now, these people have no idea what to stock up on and are thinking that maybe they should have put something back last month instead of listening to the 'nothing to see here folks'. They see other people buying TP, since they have no idea what else to get they just follow the herd...

I'm not sure how everyone became so worried about TP but that's my theory.